The best sugar cookie I’ve ever had comes from an amish recipe and I swear it yields the most amazing soft buttery crumbling cookie in the world. Take a shot at this super simple recipe and let me know how it works for you in the comments!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners/powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar or lemon juice as a replacement
- In large bowl beat the butter, oil, and sugars until smooth.
- Add and beat in the eggs until well blended.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add in flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar (or lemon juice) into the mixture.
- Scoop teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
- Remove to wire racks or counter tops to cool.
Yield: about 25-30 cookies
NOM! NOM! NOM!